The kiddos say were "making" when we are cooking or baking. I'm assuming it's because Brad always asks "whatcha making?" while were doing it. It's just another ADORABLE thing my kiddos do that cracks me up.
Because I'm related to my Mother I have this absolute hatred for wasting food. I NEVER throw away veggies, we just eat soup or stir fry before they go bad. I NEVER toss out turkey or chicken bones (like from rotisserie chickens), I make stock. I refuse to let pumpkin seeds go in the garbage too. They are such an easy, yummy snack! So we've been busy lately...
We made 6 freezer containers of spaghetti sauce with all of our fall tomatoes that I brought in green and have ripened. I was also able to use up the rest of our garden carrots, onions, and the only red pepper that we got.
Also threw together some yummy pico with lots of cilantro, which apparently I ROCK at growing because it's still going crazy.
Crock pot Chicken stock, so EASY and so DELISH. Pulled this bad boy off pintrest. I used: 2 rotisserie chicken carcasses, 2 stocks of celery, 2 onions, 2 large carrots, 8 pepper corns and a little salt. Fill until everything is covered and let it cook in the crock for 6 hours. Let cool, scrape the fat off, drain and either can or freeze.
My sweet Sparky said this years seeds where the BEST ever. Which is funny because I went back to my roots and did NOTHING fancy! Literally it was 2 tablespoons butter and 3 cups pumpkin seeds baked at 300 for 45 min. I used a little sea salt once I pulled out. YUM!
This is what we've been making. I love this time of year, it's puts me in the mood to EAT!!
No comments:
Post a Comment