Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy 60th Grandpa!

This ever happened to you on a 5 hour road trip?
A little advice.....Pull over!!!!
 We were on our way to surprise Grandpa Jeff at his surprise 60th Birthday Party.  We didn't quite make it in time as we were stranded on the side of the road in Wolf Creek Oregon (for those of you who don't know, it's kinda scary).  After some help from a friend and a tow truck we did eventually make it to the party and Grandpa was surprised all over again!

Snapped a couple cute ones of the kiddos "helping" Grandpa with gifts.


 Snuggled up in Grandpa Jeff's baby blanket.
My Cute nephew too!

Thankfully Brads parents have MANY vehicles...We were able to tow the car home so Brad can decide if he is going to fix it or not, UGH!!  The kiddos spotted this awesome flag outside of Eugene on our way home.  It reminded us of Grandpa Jeff. 

There is a song called "I Hold On" by Dierks Bentley that also reminds me of Jeff.  It starts out by talking about how important his relationship with his Dad is, then it talks about his relationship with his guitar and of course with his woman.  I included the chorus below, so good!

I hold on By Dierks Bentley
[Chorus:]
To the things I believe in
My faith, your love, our freedom
To the things I can count on
To keep me going strong
Yeah, I hold on, I hold on.

Like the stripes to the flag,
Like a boy to his dad
I can't change who I am, right or wrong
So I hold on.


 Happy Birthday Jeff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment